Friday 15 June 2018

Presenting Dentelles Fanzine 3rd issue!


Today, I want to talk about something really important to me: the French Lolita fanzine, Dentelles! It is a fanzine created by Lolita friends and I was lucky enough to be part of it since the very beginning! It's a lot of time to release a fanzine and all artists who helped making it real made an amazing!
First of all, here are some links where you can learn more about Dentelles:


The very first issue was about all the different Lolita styles, the 2nd issue was about colours in the fashion and the 3rd one was about trends! As I am a graduated illustrator with a Bachelor degree, I was super happy to be able to share my love for Lolita fashion through my artworks, so of course when they asked me to join this adventure I immediately said yes!
For my first participation, I illustrated Classic Lolita style:


For the 2nd issue, I was super happy I could illustrate my favourite colour: yellow!



And for the 3rd issue, I didn't make only one, but two artworks! I also made most of the texts and translations (the fanzine is both in French and English! How amazing is that?)
I illustrated "Galaxy print" and "Retro Lolita", which I both really love! I am glad I could each time choose a subject that talks to me!


 


I am always a bit worried about how my illustrations will turn out once printed, as I only paint traditionally and have to scan my artworks and I never really manage to exactly get the same colours... but I recently received my printed copies of Dentelles and THEY ARE PERFECT! The colours, printing and layout are all perfect! And of course it is filled with gorgeous drawings made by Lolitas from all around the world! I shouldn't be surprised as Lolita is a creative fashion, but I am always amazed by how many talented people I met in the community!





Also, I had quite a mentally straining week at work and I wanted to relax by wearing some frills! I had some time for mysel this afternoon and decided to put an outfit together! I made a simple coordination that is great for summer I think with the crew socks and the boater hat! What do you think?

♥ Angelic Pretty Elegant Marine ♥ 

Boater hat: Offbrand
Roses: Claire's & H&M
Seashell earrings: Paris Kids
Bolero: Offbrand
JSK: Angelic Pretty
Socks: Zara
Shoes: Axes Femme
Bag: Angelic Pretty
Wristcuffs: Angelic Pretty
Bracelet: Claire's
Rings: Claire's & Zygomatics






I really think Elegant Marine deserves more love! It's such a pretty, detailed and comfortable dress! And so much poof! ♥



2 comments:

  1. Your illustrations are both so cute, well done! And your coord is adorable as well ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely loved both your illustrations in the latest issue of Dentelles - especially the retro look, it's so inspiring and very much my style. Generally I really like your style of drawings, it's so beautiful and every person really looks like an individual, you couldn't mistake them for one another because, just like people, they are very distinctive.

    ReplyDelete