Saturday 27 September 2014

Dream Dress: Angelic Pretty Sugar Hearts

I think every Lolita has a dream dress (or even several dream dresses) and today I wanted to talk about mine: Angelic Pretty Sugar Hearts onepiece in white. Yes, the onepiece only and in white only. 


Sugar Hearts series was released in 2011 and I remember that I fell immediately in love with it the moment I saw it on Angelic Pretty website but, I still don't understand why, I didn't buy it back then. My first choice was the JSK, but after some thinking, I decided that the OP would flatter my body type better. Anyways, one thing never changed: I wanted the white colourway only. 


Time passed by, my style changed, I bought other dresses, I sold some dresses too, but I still had Sugar Hearts stuck in my mind. In April 2014 I went to Tokyo and I desperately hoped to find it at Closet Child, but with no success.
Back home, I started to look for it seriously on Mbok, Yahoo! auctions and other second hand shops. And one day, miraculously, it was there on Lacemarket! I didn't think twice and bought it immediately. I just couldn't believe it, I found my dream dress!

Some days later (yes it was fast! The seller was amazing), I got it in my hands and I was just so happy. It was even more beautiful in real! On the stock pictures, the colours look really light and almost washed out, but in real the hearts on the print are really colorful and bright! I think this is why I love this print so much: it has so many different colours! You can wear it with yellow, pink, mint, blue, lavender, white and even black I think! Haha. But let's see some details in pictures! 

Amazingly colorful Sugar Hearts print ♥
Delicate heart lace ♥

Conversaton hearts buttons and front bow (which is detachable by the way)

Detail of the waist ties. They remind me of the maid outfit somehow?

After looking at all the details, I wanted to try it on of course... but I was a little afraid. What if it doesn't look good at all on me? What if it is too small or too short? What if I don't know how to coordinate it? So actually, I waited some weeks before being brave enough to put it on! Haha. This let me have some time to think of a nice outfit and I finally decided to wear it with pink and touches of mint and yellow for my first coordination. Here is it, my very first Sugar Hearts coordination: 

♥ Angelic Pretty Sugar Hearts OP - September 5th 2014 ♥


Bows: Bijoux Brigitte & H&M
Bolero: BTSSB
OP: Angelic Pretty
Socks: Angelic Pretty
Shoes: Bodyline
Wrist Cuffs: Angelic Pretty
Bracelets: Claire's & Angelic Pretty
Rings: Zygomatics & Angelic Pretty
Bag: Angelic Pretty
 

 

 


I am quite satisfied with this first outfit :) and I already have ideas for another one! I would love to wear it with a yellow bolero, yellow shoes and a yellow conversation heart bag ♥ What do you think? And also, what is your dream dress? Did you manage to get it? Let me know!

6 comments:

  1. Your photos of Sugar Hearts are so so beautiful- the colours really pop! And your coordinate is, as always, adorable ♥

    I'm looking forward to reading your posts in the future (and I'm so glad you've made one now!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment, dear ♥ You're actually the first one to comment on my new blog, yaaayy! Haha.

      Delete
  2. Tellement mignonne !!!
    Ah, les dream dress ! ~ Tu sais que même ayant acquise ma Dream Dress Sweet Lolita (la Wonder Cookie OP bleu claire), mon coeur continue à battre lorsque j'en vois apparaître sur des groupes de vente ? :D

    Je trouve que la quête a été longue et difficile, plus la robe nous semble d'autant plus précieuse ! Et cette satisfaction de la trouver, je crois que c'est une des plus grandes joies qu'une Lolita peut avoir ! ~

    Tu es très jolie dans cette robe, j'ai hâte de voir tes futurs coordinations !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouiiii je me souviens encore quand tu cherchais la Wonder Cookie! Tu m'avais même demandé comment commander sur yahoo! auctions!

      C'est peut-être un peu niais, mais j'ai eu envie de pleurer quand j'ai eu ma Sugar Hearts entre les mains :') Comme tu l'as si bien dit, c'est vraiment une grande joie de finalement réussir à trouver sa dream dress!

      Merci Pyl ♥

      Delete
  3. Wow, what a long journey for a dream dress! Makes it all the more rewarding in the end, I suppose :) It looks great on you, I can't wait to see you co-ord it with many more different colours.
    My dream dress is Angelic Pretty's Triple Tart JSK in lavender. I first discovered it while browsing the AP USA site in early 2012. At the time I had joined my local lolita community and frequented egl, but I had not any dresses yet. I fell in love with it like I had not fallen in love with any other dress before. I needed to have it! But I was not ready to spend so much money on a new dress, so I kept it in my dreams for then.
    About 6 months later, I was still looking for my first dress (I'm fussy...), decided to browse Closet Child, and it was there! I doubted for a few days, but it stayed there and I finally bought it, my first lolita dress, my first brand dress and it's still my favourite to this day :)
    Sorry that story is so long! I look forward to reading more of your blog~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't be sorry, thank you very much for sharing your story :) I love to hear about Lolitas' adventures to find their dream dress! And I think it's great that your first dress was your dream dress, it will then always has something special for you!

      Delete